Doom (Reboot)

Тема в разделе "Новости игровой индустрии", создана пользователем romka, 8 май 2008.

1. Kolina

Kolina Крутая сыроежка

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Бро, а что там на самом деле?

2. vova

vova Фьючераст Команда форума

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Полного моушена нет.

Kolina нравится это.
  3. Kolina

Kolina Крутая сыроежка

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Это печально.

4. dimm

dimm Administrator Команда форума

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Иконка у Думчика будет такая:
    [​IMG]

Получившие игру уже делятся впечатлениями:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

И что не может не радовать, графика в доке лучше портатива (со слов играющих конечно)!!!
    Порезче вроде:
    Портатив
    [​IMG]

Док
    [​IMG]

Since last night, I've played 5 or so hours of DOOM on the Switch. I've spent the entirety of my time in Campaign or Arcade mode, so I can't really speak at all to the Multiplayer side of the game.

Overall, DOOM runs well -- I haven't encountered any stuttering or breaks. I also have played on PC and ran into some horrendous screen tearing on my monitor. Fortunately on the Switch, in handheld and docked mode, DOOM is smooth. There's a little bit of fuzziness in handheld mode (text in specific looks like it's always just a second from fully rendering), but in docked mode those issues are alleviated.

The gameplay itself is good, classic DOOM. Arcade Mode is fast, engaging, and addictive. I'm not a fantastic FPS player, but I like the fact that DOOM has always felt intense and over-the-top. In handheld mode it loses a little bit of its magic, but it's still a blast.

Mechanically, the most noticeable issue is the aiming. I play games across every platform (including a painful port of Borderlands 2 on the Vita), and the aiming in DOOM is just average. Tweaking controls helps somewhat, but it's somewhat clumsy to try to look around the environment with the Joy Cons. For those who are wondering, there is no gyro aiming.

The most important feature here, though, is that the cartridge is not red. Sorry.

Anyone on the fence have any questions?

EDIT: UPDATE: For clarification and to avoid confusion -- I have not yet tried the multiplayer nor am I certain whether or not the patch that is suggested at startup contains the multiplayer data. To be clear, here is the string of events from which I deduced that the patch may contain the multiplayer data.

I first inserted the game cart, at which point the Switch prompts you to download a game update that is available. I ignored that because I'm a bad boy who doesn't abide by the rules and selected "Start Software" just like you would if there were any game update you wanted to delay.

I then played for maybe two hours without issue and went to the home screen, curious about the impact of the update that was available. At that point, I restarted and allowed the game to download the update.

The update took maybe 1 hour to download (possibly a horrible connection?), which leads me to believe that it's a sizeable update.

I will look tonight to see whether that update contains multiplayer data, the size of the update, and all the rest. I can confirm, though, that single player is entirely playable without that update.

Update V 2.0 Day One Patch/Multiplayer/Bots/Graphics/Gyro

I also did confirm that the Day One patch does include the Multiplayer content, which is not great news for a lot of people. The download is avoidable, but only insofar as you can avoid patching and updating the game itself. It's not impossible, but it is annoying.

You can also play with bots in the multiplayer medium, but not without internet, as you can't open the lobby to select a bot match without the connection.

There are NO gyroscope controls outside the glory kill command.

There is a mirrored controller mode for mr. Southpaw out there.

Anything I missed?

===========================================================
    И вот еще одно мнение:
    I played DOOM briefly yesterday and here is my initial impressions:

When I started the game it asked me to download a required update (7.7GB).

That update seem to be for the multiplayer as I can access that menu but there isn’t anyone to play with.

I played a practice match (against bots I presume) and my aiming sucked with split joy-cons but was much better in handheld.

The back of the cover says 9GB download required for multiplayer and additional audio languages (other than English) but the only download I see so far (may have to wait until official release) is the 7.7GB.

There is screen-capture feature but not video capturing (could be fixed in a near future patch hopefully).

The motion controls in the game are limited to melee and glory kills (shake the joy-con).

As for gameplay, the game ran smooth with no stuttering or fps drops. I played it briefly as mentioned and I’ll need to play more to say for sure.

I noticed a difference in textures when played on TV mode (clearer and sharper) as compared to handheld mode (muddier) which I normally play.

I also noticed that skins like armor take a second or 2 to load sometime. That is at least in handheld mode and not persistent or annoying.

When I started a campaign I paused the game during gameplay and switch on subtitles then I had a problem with the sound effects (volume reduced), I exited and reloaded and it was fine. Maybe a fluke glitch.

The difference between 60 fps and 30 fps is as you’d expect (when turning the camera and on screen movements) but nothing to major to hinder the enjoyment of the game. Its NintenDOOM after all.

Overall, I enjoyed what I’ve seen so far (not much currently but more a bit later on), it’s the DOOM experience on the go. My comment (not gameplay related) is that I’m not a fan of compulsory download and I wasn’t able to play the game until I downloaded the update (7.7GB) which seems to be multiplayer related.

The game officially releases on Nov 10, I managed to pick a retail version (EU) of the game a bit earlier. Feel free to ask me anything regarding the game (DOOM) and I’ll try my best to answer it and as soon as possible.

Here are some more impressions I noticed today:

You can adjust "Motion Blur" under setting for a smoother camera turning and experience.

HD rumble is subtle and vibrates as you'd expect it to by bumping into interactive objects and shooting.

After playing the game more, there is a difference between handheld (muddier) and docked (sharper textures).

Not really an impression but the game has an awesome reversible art!

FAQ с оффсайта игры:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/7bmk8o/doom_for_nintendo_switch_faq_known_issues/

5. dimm

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Холи моли, более часа геймплея Думчика от Паник Буттон =))) Это просто перфекто! (бля, как можно слушать речь этого чудика в реале):
    С 3:30:

Анбокс:

6. Каин

Каин Crimper

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Хайпу-то развели :rolleyes:

7. dimm

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Разница между доком (dynamic 720p + better lighting)/андоком(dynamic 540p) действительно есть:
    Док:
    [​IMG]

Андок:
    [​IMG]

Док:
    [​IMG]

Андок:
    [​IMG]

Час игры в доке:

Вот еще хорошая оцифровочка:

8. dimm

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Немного мульти-пульти на Свитче (где-то с 7 минуты)

9. realavt

realavt Справедливый

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    В роликах мыло реально как на ПС3 до момента "раскрытия потенциала"...

10. dimm

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Рил, ну хватит уже ныть, ей богу, уймись ты наконец. Как баянист, честное слово. Хочешь от приставки потребляющий на макcе, меньше чем PS4/XB1 в спящем режиме каких-то чудес =)) Все и так прекрасно всё знают.

11. Bикинг

Bикинг Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Самое интересное это цифры продаж.

12. realavt

realavt Справедливый

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    А может я от зависти, хочу чтобы её на ПС3 выпустили! :D И это почти не шутка, кстати...

Последнее редактирование: 11 ноя 2017
  13. vova

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    А вот и патч первого дня :) The patch for DOOM includes multiplayer functionality, additional game fixes, and audio for supported languages other than English. The update is a big one coming in at 8GBs and it’s available right now.

14. Kolina

Kolina Крутая сыроежка

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Лучше бы моушн-контроль запатчили. А так, имея ПС4-версию, не вижу ни одной причины покупать это за 4+К₽.

15. vova

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Если есть на ПС4 то да, а вот у меня нет, но я не люблю такой жанр, ну и в ЮАР можно купить за 2800 :)

16. Bикинг

Bикинг Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Какие у вас прогнозы на продажи?
    Я думаю в районе 400 тысяч.

17. vova

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Думаю это слишком большая цифра. На данный момент кролики самые успешные, у них как раз 400 тыс.

18. Bикинг

Bикинг Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    А, ну тогда 40000))

19. vova

Симпатии:
    Баллы:

• 600p~ish
    • 720p~ish when nothing is happening in certain areas
    • 360p~ alpha + DOF